You know you’re a cake lover when the first thing you do after getting off the plane is drive to the supermarket to get cake ingredients.
Coming back from a 9 hour flight with no sleep the night before, I was still extra keen to make this cake. Why? Well it’s for a dear friend of mine and my bridesmaid to be! Well…actually I gave her the choice to either be a bridesmaid or wedding singer (since she’ll be perfect for both roles!) and she chose the first!
She doesn’t know this, but I actually tailored this design in several ways to suit her:
1) She doesn’t like things too sweet, so Buttercream 1 – Fondant 0.
2) She doesn’t like too much cream, so inner layers were filled with a very thin layer of jam instead of cream.
3) She wants earl grey tea flavoured cake. Tick.
4) I don’t exactly know what her favourite colour is…but I decided to facebook stalk her pictures and found that she wore a lot of dark blue/purple coloured tops, so I made the cake purple themed!
5) That’s about it really. The rest is just because I like everything ombre. Whether it be outside with the icing or inside with the 6 cake layers (although you can’t actually see the effect of it with my shoddy iphone camera skills), a purple ombre cake is fit for a princess! It’ll also be great as the top tier of a wedding cake! ❤